Have you ever seen the mob of people on a Saturday or Sunday morning on the corner of Main & Maple in LG?
Well, they are waiting for a table at the Southern Kitchen, another small diner in Los Gatos. I had to venture in to see what all the fuss was about.
I of course had the eggs benedict. Only seemed right. I also got a side of grits since I rarely see grits on a menu. The grits were nothing like grandma used to make. They were thick and creamy with a mashed potato like consistency. All in all good food, friendly staff and great coffee. I’ll be back.
Address: 27 E Main St
Current ranking of the benedicts of the Bay:
1. The Diner of Los Gatos (Los Gatos)
2. The Southern Kitchen (Los Gatos)
3. The Los Gatos Cafe (Los Gatos)
4. Bill’s Cafe (Willow Glen)
5. Sweet Pea’s (Los Gatos)
Other places I plan to visit to get my benedict on…
- Gilley’s Coffee Shoppe (Los Gatos)
- Lou’s (Los Gatos)
- Little Amsterdam (Saratoga)
Any other recommendations? Leave a comment!